Quorn™ Orange And Sesame Stir Fry
If you want to experience authentic Asian flavours but can’t be bother to fly to Asia, then grab your frying pan and the ingredients below and let’s get cooking!
As with all stir frys, simplicity is key and flavour needs to BIG and BOLD! I’ve used the triple threat of sweetness from the orange, salty and powerful flavours from soy sauce and deep and rich flavours from the sesame oil to work harmoniously together, along with a few other friends to bring the party to your kitchen!
I’ve mentioned this in a previous post but Quorn’s™ ease of use is really, and I hate using this word, but revolutionary. I came home the other night extremely late from work and needed a protein hit and something that would fill me up, there was no meat defrosted or anything in my fridge, but it didn’t matter! I grabbed my bag of Quorn Meat Free Steak Strips straight from the freezer and some ingredients in my cupboard and fridge and this recipe was born! Let’s go through the method to my madness.
- Piece of ginger, grated on a microplain
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed or grated
- 1 red pepper, Sliced
- 400g Quorn Meat Free Steak Strips (http://www.quorn.co.uk/food/cook-from-scratch/steak-strips/)
- 1 whole orange, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 Packet of straight to wok Noodles
- Grab your best frying pan and put it onto a high heat and spray with cooking spray, alternatively use a nutrient dense oil such as coconut or rapeseed/canola, both of these also have a higher smoking point!
- Chuck your Ginger, Garlic and Red Pepper into the hot pan.
- Once it’s slightly cooked off (Pepper loses it’s colour ever so slightly), add the Quorn Meat Free Steak Strips in and cook for about 6-8 minutes.
- Then add your straight to wok noodles in and stir well, cook for a couple minutes longer, until the noodles are easier to break apart.
- Add the orange zest and juice, soy sauce and sesame oil and cook until the sauce bubbles up slightly
- And there you have it, wasn’t that easy!?
Please note, this is a sponsored post. The endorsement has not made me write anything I wouldn’t believe otherwise and all words are my own.